Security is always a prime concern for anyone in every field. In WordPress powered websites security is always on top for consideration. WordPress sites are easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and outdated plugin files are traceable and it’s an open invitation to hackers.
So the question is how can we secure our site from bad guys, first thing that you make sure is always updated with the latest version of WordPress. But it’s not enough! You have to add some WordPress security plugins in your website. Here I’d like to share with you some of useful plugins to harden your WordPress security.
WordPress Security Plugins
1. Wordfence Security – Wordfence Security plugin securing your WordPress site by performing a deep server-side scan of your source code comparing it to the Official WordPress repository for core, themes and plugins. Then Wordfence secures your site and makes it up to 50 times faster.
2. iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) – iThemes Security is an advantageous plugin which fixes common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials.
3. All In One WP Security & Firewall – This plugin provides many facilities like User Accounts Security,User Login Security, User Registration Security, Database Security, File System Security, htaccess and wp-config.php File Backup and Restore, Blacklist Functionality, Firewall Functionality, Brute force login attack prevention, WhoIs Lookup, Security Scanner, Comment SPAM Security, Front-end Text Copy Protection, Regular updates and additions of new security features etc.
4. BulletProof Security – This is one of the best plugin for securing a WP site. BulletProof Security protects your WordPress website against XSS, RFI, CRLF, CSRF, Base64, Code Injection and SQL Injection hacking attempts.
5. WP-DB-Backup – This is one of the most useful plugin for security purpose. WP-DB-Backup allows you easily to backup your core WordPress database tables. You may also backup other tables in the same database.
6. Acunetix WP Security – This plugin secure your WordPress installation and suggests corrective measures for securing file permissions, security of the database, version hiding.
3 thoughts on “6 Best Free WordPress Security Plugins – Most Popular”
Hey Poonam, I like all the six security plugins mentioned by you. at WebbyMonks, we love WordPress and our favorite WordPress security plugin is Wordfence. We’ve created an infographic with best 5 WP security plugin in a comprehensive style, which lets users to decide the most appropriate security plugin for protecting their website from the hackers and other malicious activities. Maybe you would like to check it out: http://bit.ly/2e3pASh
Great Article. Thanks for all great resources.
I want to add one more good security plugin which is User Activity Log Pro Plugin. It is very helpful for monitoring and tracking of all the activities occurs on the admin side.