Are you trying to launch your own podcast show?
I must tell you that it is a wise decision to start a podcast. Many reputable marketers like Neil Patel do so since it has a lot of potential in driving success.
But to bring that success in podcasting, there are a few steps you need to follow…
Well for starters, you should actually know – What is a podcast?
A podcast is a series of audio (and sometimes video) files in which you talk, discuss, inform or share your views about a certain topic.
Now, after knowing the basic definition of a podcast, your gut may tell you to go ahead and start a website & upload your podcast files directly on it.
Technically, you can do this but uploading hundreds of megabytes of files on your server can cause your website to load slowly or even crash.
To avoid this situation and also to give you the best podcasting experience, I would recommend you to start using any one of the best podcast hosting services.
What Is Podcast Hosting?
Podcast hosting is a platform or simply a service that hosts your podcast files (audio, video, text, etc.) separately and deliver when requested by listeners.
Since the files are hosted separately, your servers do not bear any load and most importantly, your website remains blazing fast.
Now that you have realized why you need a podcast host, it’s time for you to choose one from this list of 10 best podcast hosting services.
Let’s jump straight into details –
Podbean is one of the best podcast hosting services when it comes to starting a podcast in the most simplistic way. No complex modules or set up procedures are required.
Because of this easy approach towards podcasting, new and even professional podcasters across the world have opted for Podbean to host their files.
Podbean Features To Grow Your Podcast
- It allows you to host and publish unlimited podcasting files and also provide you your own podcast website. Moreover, there’s also an option to publish via your mobile phone.
- Podbean leaves no stones unturned when it comes to growing your podcast. It lists your podcast across various directories and also offers an embeddable player.
- There is a comprehensive reporting section that shows you download stats, top 10 episodes, geographic locations, and other important stats to measure your podcast’s performance.
- If you want to monetize your podcast, Podbean offers three different ways to do so. This includes advertising, premium content and becoming a patron.
- Unlike other podcast hosting services, Podbean also allows you to live podcast shows.
Podbean Pricing Details
Podbean is regarded as the best free podcast hosting due to its forever free pricing plan that offers 5 hours of storage space. Moreover, it’s premium plans aren’t that costly either.
- Unlimited Audio – $9/month (when billed annually) for unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth. Suitable for audio podcasting.
- Unlimited Plus – Starts from $29/month (when billed annually) for video podcasting and monetization.
- Business – Starts from $99/month (when billed annually) for all features and ideal for podcast networks.
What if I tell you that you can create a WordPress based podcast with minimal efforts, would you believe it? Yes, this is possible.
Blubrry is one of the only best podcast hosting services that offer a complete package i.e. podcast hosting + managed WordPress hosting + PowerPress podcasting plugin.
Blubrry Features To Grow Your Podcast
- Easiest means to create a podcast on WordPress websites and also to grow it. If you happen to have a podcast on some other platform, Blubrry is more than happy to migrate your content for free.
- If you are looking to be a recognizable podcaster on iTunes and Google Podcasts then Blubrry will help you do so.
- Blubrry, however, limits you on storage or podcast hosting but offers you unlimited bandwidth for your podcast shows.
- Along with audio podcast files, Blubrry permits you to host videos, eBooks, PDFs, etc. for your podcast.
- Lastly, not to forget the stunning and powerful Blubrry podcast player that can be embedded on any website.
Blubrry Pricing Details
Blubrry doesn’t fall in the category of best free podcast hosting as it neither has a free trial period nor a free plan. But the paid plans aren’t expensive either.
- Small – $12/month for hosting audio podcasts of 100 Mb.
- Medium – $20/month for hosting audio and video podcasts of 250 Mb.
- Large – $40/month for 500 Mb of podcast files.
- Extra Large – $80/month for 1,000 Mb of podcast files.
- Professional – For hosting over 1000 Mb worth of podcast files, you have to seek the help of its sales team.
If you want your podcast to be buzzing with active listeners and success, you must employ Buzzsprout as the best podcast hosting platform.
Buzzsprout has helped approximately over 100,000 podcasters to start their own podcast. They are happily hosting, sharing and tracking their podcast. And, 700 five star rating on Capterra is simply the cherry on the top.
Buzzsprout Features To Grow Your Podcast
- Easily get listed in top podcast directories like Spotify, Alexa, Apple & Google Podcasts, etc.
- An insightful module of podcast reports that will help you measure your podcast’s performance.
- If you already don’t have a website, Buzzsprout will help you create a fully customizable one with your own domain.
- Buzzsprout will also help you provide various accessible options to your listeners like embeddable podcast players and transcriptions.
- Once you start getting enough plays and downloads, you may want to monetize your podcast with the help of Buzzsprout.
Buzzsprout Pricing Details
Apart from all the awesome features, the stuff that makes Buzzsprout one of the best podcast hosting services is its pricing structure. There’s a forever free plan that allows you to host podcast episodes of up to 2 hours in a month. If your podcast exceed this limit, you should upgrade to its premium plans –
- $12/month for 3 hours worth of podcast.
- $18/month for 6 hours worth of podcast.
- $24/month for 12 hours worth of podcast.
If you are looking for a simple but highly efficient podcast host then your search may end at Transistor. All you have to do is record your podcast episodes and upload them on Transistor.
Because of this “easy to go” approach, many professional podcasters recommend Transistor as one of the best podcast hosting services.
Transistor Features To Grow Your Podcast
- It allows you to create as many podcast shows and upload as many podcast files as you like. There are no limits on storage and bandwidth too.
- After creating and publishing your podcast shows, Transistor helps you to distribute your content on different podcasting directories.
- In addition to this, there’s a complimentary built-in podcast website. You can easily embed its podcast player in this as well as other websites too.
- The Transistor analytics and reporting section allows you to keep an eye on your podcast’s performance.
- Along with the reliable global CDN for your podcast, Transistor is highly efficient in providing RSS feeds.
Transistor Pricing Details
The attribute that makes it the best podcast hosting service is its array of features. Since these features are top-notch, Transistor doesn’t offer a free plan. Although, you may still test out the application through its 14 days trial period.
- Starter – $19/month with 10,000 monthly download limit.
- Professional – $49/month with 50,000 monthly download limit.
- Business – $99/month with 150,000 monthly download limit.
As the name suggests, Captivate is one of the unique and best podcast hosting services that has aligned its features for your maximum podcast growth.
Because of this impeccable approach many “hot-shots” companies or institutions like Harvard University, Santander, Meet Edgar and Entrepreneur have opted for Captivate.
Captivate Features To Grow Your Podcast
- It is the most simple podcast hosting platform that also offers a free migration of your podcast from other platforms.
- Captivate is also known for its mighty podcast player that can be embedded on any websites and also on social profiles. And, you can also add “call to action” buttons in your player as well.
- If you are just starting out, Captivate offers some responsive podcast sites to get started quickly.
- But if you already have a WordPress based website, Captivate provides you with a managed WordPress platform for your podcast. This way, you get to manage your podcast from within your website itself.
- Since Captivate is focused on growth, it equips you with a reporting module to track your performance.
Captivate Pricing Details
All good things come at a price. And, the same is the case with Captivate. Having said that, Captivate still allows you to fully test the service for free for 7 days only.
- Podcaster – $19/month for 12,000 downloads/month with all features.
- Audio Influencer – $49/month for 60,000 downloads/month with complete feature set.
- Podcast Brand – $99/month for up to 150,000 downloads per month and all features.
Many beginners and podcasting hobbyists have considered Castos as the reliable and the best hosting for podcast. Thanks to its value-packed plans.
If you still aren’t convinced that Castos could be your ideal pick then allow me to convince you by saying that Castos comes with a WordPress plugin. And, this plugin is efficient enough to help you manage your podcasts from your WordPress site itself.
Castos Features To Grow Your Podcast
- Unlike other best podcast hosting services, Castos offers unlimited hosting, storage, and bandwidth for your podcast shows.
- A simple but highly coherent way to manage your podcast from your WordPress dashboard with the help of Castos WordPress plugin.
- Get to know how your podcast episodes are performing, listener’s demographics and behavior through reports.
- If you are highly serious about getting maximum exposure to your podcast, the YouTube republishing feature could do wonders for you.
- There is also an option to automatically generate transcription for your podcast episodes.
Castos Pricing Details
Castos boldly offers only premium plans. But before you make any decision, make sure to avail the 14 days free trial to check out the application.
- Starter – You’d be charged $19/month for unlimited audio podcasts.
- Growth – Similarly, you’d be charged $49/month for unlimited storage and YouTube republishing feature.
- Pro – You’d be charged $99/month for all the features.
Another recognizable name in the arena of WordPress podcasting is Podcast Website. It has everything that you need to start, grow, and monetize your podcast shows.
But the stuff that makes Podcast Websites one of the best podcast hosting services is its Podcast Academy. Anyone who employs this tool as their podcast host, they are entitled to receive resources and learn how to grow their podcasts.
Podcast Websites Features To Grow Your Podcast
- An all-in-one package to start your podcast. The package includes website hosting and podcast hosting with daily backups.
- To boost your podcast’s growth, the service offers easy listing in podcast directories and RSS feeds.
- Podcast Websites also provide an intuitive podcast player to provide better listening and playback experience to your listeners.
- If you are a new aspiring podcaster, the service offers you in-depth knowledge, resources, and tutorials to help you get started in a better way.
- Unlike other best podcast hosting sites, this application provides you an array of email marketing integrations to grow your email lists.
Podcast Websites Pricing Details
With so much of valuable features and resources to offer, Podcast Websites meticulously provide them in a form of 2 premium plans. However, before you subscribe to those paid plans, you may want to avail 7 days free trial period.
- New – You’d be charged $77 per month (when paid annually).
- Popular – You’d be charged $97 per month (when paid annually). This includes access to Podcast Websites Academy.
Another highly used and one of the best podcast hosting services to feature in this list is ZenCast.
You can estimate the popularity of this podcast host when I’d tell you that it is or has been used by big companies like ESPN, NetApp, Wayne State University, etc.
ZenCast Features To Grow Your Podcast
- In addition to podcast hosting, ZenCast will also provide you with website hosting at no additional charges. Moreover, as soon as you upload your podcast episode, your website will auto-update with your latest content.
- Apart from listing your podcast in various directories, ZenCast can also be used for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- ZenCast believes in no limits rule. Hence, you are allowed to create, host and permit downloads for unlimited podcast episodes.
- This podcast host is also known for its podcast player that enables one-click sharing and perfectly embeddable on all websites.
- Just like you, ZenCast is very serious about podcast growth. So it provides an easy to understand reporting module to track your performance.
ZenCast Pricing Details
If you are still not convinced about the efficacy of ZenCast then it invites you to try the application for free for 14 days. After that, you may decide to opt for a premium plan.
- Hobby – $14 per month for unlimited episodes and downloads.
- Professional – $39 per month for advanced analytics and episode scheduler.
- Plus – $99 per month for unlimited podcast shows.
It is highly possible that you are looking for an all-in-one platform that will enable you to host, publish and also monetize your podcasts.
And, if that’s what you are seeking, Anchor will help you do that in no time. Besides this, Anchor comes as a web app and also as Android & iOS application.
Anchor Features To Grow Your Podcast
- Anchor does not apply any limit on hosting your podcast episodes. You are free to host unlimited podcast files.
- With the help of RSS feeds, Anchor provides you the liberty to distribute your podcast across podcasting platforms.
- Anchor will foster the financial growth of your podcast with the help of a couple of monetization methods.
- This podcast host is also packed with a unique feature that allows you to collaborate or co- host your podcast.
- In addition to all these features, Anchor also has to offer detailed reports & analytics, podcast episode builder, transcriptions, and other creation tools.
Anchor Pricing Details
Anchor is one of the rarest but the best free podcast hosting service available in the market. It is 100% free..!!
10. Podcast Giant
Podcast Giant is a distinctive podcast hosting service that not only offers free podcast websites but also builds or customize them for you.
Since all the development and website design is handled by Podcast Giant, I guess this is what makes it unique and one of the best podcast hosting sites.
Podcast Giant Features To Grow Your Podcast
- It allows you to host and publish unlimited podcasts. All we have to do is focus on our content and rest is handled by Podcast Giant.
- In order to provide optimal podcast experience to you and also to your listeners, Podcast Giant delivers your content through global CDNs.
- Not all podcast hosting services offer SEO optimization of your website but Podcast Giant does.
- The service also does not compromise on the visual appearance of your podcast website. Hence it provides a few options of responsive site templates.
- Also, to keep your podcasting episodes intact, Podcast Giant automatically backs up your data every day.
Podcast Giant Pricing Details
While other podcast hosts have multiple plans, Podcast Giant only offers a single pricing plan of $49/month that involves all the features.
All Done. What’s Next?
Now since you have the complete list of 10 best podcast hosting services right at your fingertips, all you have to do is pick one.
However, if you are still unsure about locking-in the best podcast hosting platform, I’d encourage you to try them by signing up on their free plans.
And, once you have grasped their working and measured their efficiency then you would be able to make a better decision.
Lastly, if you think that I have missed any other podcasting hosts then feel free to drop them in the comments section.