VdoCipher offers a WordPress video plugin using which video creators can host their videos on their WordPress websites. VdoCipher’s WordPress video plugin is ideal for premium video creators wishing to offer secure, smooth & affordable white labeled video streaming on their websites.
Need for Secure Video Hosting with WordPress
Most often, for video creators, the revenue model is based on creating a subscription website, or a pay-per-view model for specific content. In the video streaming industry, the subscription model is becoming increasingly popular as a means for monetizing videos. VdoCipher, through their WordPress video plugin, offers a secure video hosting service with full-stack DRM (Digital Rights Management). WordPress users can now create a full membership-based site, hosting content behind a paywall, without the fear of their videos being shared through unauthorized channels.
The need for secure video streaming is owing to the fact that videos hosted on popular video players YouTube and Vimeo can be easily downloaded. Paying subscribers can download your videos, and share them with their friends and social circle. For education content providers, word-of-mouth through existing students is very important. Students share their good experience with an education content provider to their friends, thereby helping expand market reach. However, it is highly likely that this word-of-mouth publicity turns into illegal video sharing. Your students can download and share your videos within their social circle, meaning that prospective customers now get access to your content without paying. A study reveals that about 25% of the world population uses common video download tools to pirate content. The inability to maintain exclusive access to paying customers only means a huge loss of revenue. Same is the case for movie and entertainment content creators. Secure video hosting and secure video streaming are necessary for video creators to protect the bottom line of their business – their revenues from subscriptions.
Technology Behind VdoCipher WordPress Plugin: Security & Smooth Streaming
VdoCipher provides packaged secure video streaming setup for premium content owners. VdoCipher’s WordPress video plugin enables website creators to use WordPress and prevent viewers from downloading your content. No downloader, hack or plugin can grab videos streamed through VdoCipher. To discourage screen capture & illegal sharing, VdoCipher’s secure video hosting provides a viewer based watermark solution. (IP address, user ID, email id etc)
VdoCipher has optimized their video streaming infrastructure to enable seamless video playback on low bandwidth networks. This optimized video encoding also means lower costs of video streaming – HD quality at bitrates of 100-300kbps. The user is delivered high-quality content with minimum bandwidth usage, and for video creators the bandwidth use is minimized, meaning lower costs of video streaming. This win-win situation for video creators and video viewers is one of the best aspects of using VdoCipher. Video Hosting for e-learning and education content providers is overall best served through VdoCipher’s secure video streaming service.
VdoCipher’s secure video hosting can be used alongside WordPress membership plugins such as WP eMember and Membership 2 Pro. Premium membership plugins offer features such as preventing multiple logins to the same account, thereby discouraging users sharing access to their accounts). Smooth video streaming behind a paywall makes VdoCipher a very important WordPress plugin for E-Learning.
Steps for 10-minute Integration with WordPress
- VdoCipher WordPress video plugin can be installed directly from WP directory, the plugin works through shortcodes.
- You create an account on VdoCipher.com – there is a free trial account you can create for which you can upload up to 10 videos of for secure video hosting.
- On creating the account you will get a client secret key to your mail account and in the config section of the user dashboard.
- Click on the VdoCipher menu on the WordPress menu bar, Enter the client secret key here.
- Also enter the format of your watermark here.
- Add videos to the dashboard, under the name of the video, you would find the video id. Copy the video id and paste it inside the shortcode. Example – [vdo id=”123456789″]
- Your secure streaming content is live on site.
Use Cases for VdoCipher’s WordPress Video Plugin
VdoCipher serves enterprise customers from various segments across 30+ countries.
- Video Hosting for E-Learning – The major use case for VdoCipher is in the online learning space. Video creators looking to ensure appropriate returns to their investment in video opt for VdoCipher’s secure video hosting. The video is becoming extremely critical in e-learning – the ability to unpack complex concepts in a video and the added personalization in videos makes it a very important means to increase user engagement.
- Corporate Training – VdoCipher presents a very strong use case for corporates to host their training videos. Our videos are securely hosted on AWS servers and are accessible only to authorized users. Information security and ease of use for WordPress based websites make VdoCipher’s WordPress video plugin attractive to corporate training customers.
- Movie and Television Distributors – Distributors looking to release movies in markets not served by the theater (because of fragmented audiences) can use VdoCipher to release their movies. Movies can be released on the VdoCipher platform alongside the theater release. IP Geo Restrictions make sure that viewers outside the allowed countries are not able to access these videos.
- Independent artists – VdoCipher is an ideal video platform for independent artists looking to host their videos and make them available to paying subscribers.
- Marketing and Product videos – VdoCipher’s analytics features allow companies looking to share videos for marketing purposes advanced insights into user engagement with videos.
Secure Video Streaming details with VdoCipher
- Encrypted Storage – Video file is stored on the cloud, and the file is encrypted. Encryption means that the video cannot be accessed even if users get the link to the file on the cloud.
- Encrypted Video Streaming to video player – VdoCipher uses a proprietary streaming technology with added encrypted data transfer + decryption. This End-to-end encryption means that no plugin, tool, hack can download the video.
- Backend authentication + Whitelisting– Each playback is authenticated from backend to make sure that video URLs do not play outside your site URL.
- Video Watermark to deter screen capture – Watermark overlay contains identifiable viewer information like ID, email id, phone number, time stamp etc. Watermark is a very effective deterrent and is a very important part of DRM solution.
- IP/Geo Restriction ensures that videos are only accessible in your desired geographies
Packaged Video Streaming for business features
- Intuitive dashboard to manage videos. Tagging and searching enabled. You can import videos from Desktop, Amazon S3, Dropbox and other cloud hosting platforms
- 10 Minute integration WordPress video plugin.
- VdoCipher have customized their cloud infrastructure on Amazon S3, using S3 for encrypted storage, EC2 processes for encoding and Cloudfront for video delivery across the globe
- Minimize bandwidth usage – Optimized videos for talking head videos to stream good quality content at 300kbps. For education video providers adaptability of video platform to low bandwidth networks is important. VdoCipher encodes their videos to minimize bitrates required for video streaming, meaning that high-quality videos can stream at low network speeds, making them ideal for video hosting for e-learning.
- Multiple bitrates streaming – to deliver files of different bitrates depending on user device and internet bandwidth
- Analytics to understand video viewership – You can get info on a number of video views, unique viewers, and unique IP addresses, to get a better understanding of the popularity and engagement of your videos.
- Affordable video hosting – VdoCipher’s trial plan allows users 5GB of video bandwidth, with a maximum of 10 video uploads. The starter plan is $350, which comes down to under $30 per month. VdoCipher’s low cost of video hosting and lower bandwidth usage means that it is a great option for video hosting for e-learning, where video creators are concerned about marginal costs of video.