More and more often web developers launch ready-made products that can be fitted for a variety of web projects. The WordPress community is constantly updated with new impressive solutions, which can save tons of your time, money and energy on the web development. Well-known for its ease of use, WordPress has become a preferred CMS of both beginners and experienced web masters who want to get websites launched on their own.
What features do you value the most in a ready-made design? Do you pay more attention to the code or its visual presentation? Maybe these are the customization options that you value the most? Let’s look under the hood of WordPress multipurpose themes by reviewing Monstroid and BeTheme. In this post we are going to compare their functionality to help you pick a ready-made design that looks more impressive.
Monstroid vs BeTheme Comparison
A wide choice of child themes is one of the features that Monstroid and BeTheme have in common. The gallery of Monstroid child templates counts more than 45 designs that you can choose from. All archives are stored on the cloud and can be installed with a click via the theme’s admin panel.
The compilation of BeTheme child themes includes 210 designs for various web projects. All of them are included into the parent theme’s package. The child themes are installed the same way as the parent theme. Just choose a ready-made solution that meets your requirement and install it on your website.
To install Monstroid, one shouldn’t have any special coding skills. The installation process is not time-consuming either. It includes 3 simple steps:
- open WordPress dashboard and activate the pre-installed Monstroid Wizard;
- choose the parent or child theme and click the install button;
- choose to install sample data.
Monstroid includes both automatic and manual installation. The former is best suited for non-tech savvy users, whereas the latter is intended for skilled web masters.
As per BeTheme, the template features one-step demo installation. The feature is of special use to beginners. Installing the theme, you can choose from 150+ pre-designed layouts. After the installation, all that is left to do is to replace the default data with the original content. Thus, you can save time on installing the theme, and pay more attention to its customization.
Monstroid features a unique Monstroid dashboard, which reveals all the major information about the current version of the template that you run, the availability of updates, provides quick access to the theme’s documentation, quick start guide, and Monstroid documentation. Unlike BeTheme that lack the respective functionality, Monstroid has all the necessary education materials stored in one place, which makes the design more user-friendly.
Monstroid is powered by Cherry Framework 4, which allows you to enhance the functionality of the multipurpose WordPress theme. It provides a number of smart configuration options, such as a favicon icon, Google Analytic code, 404 content, a landing page, user CSS letting you define custom CSS styling, the option to enable/disable vertical scrolling, maintenance mode, and maintenance page.
Additionally, the theme boasts the following innovating Cherry options:
- Grid. This selection contains the main layout configuration settings, namely to disable responsive layout of your website and make changes in container width in pixels;
- Blog. Here you will find a number of settings for listing and single post types for WordPress blog pages. As follows, a post content, content part length, featured image size, etc.;
- Styling. In this section you may edit the main theme colors, such as body background;
- Color schemes. You are free to make any changes in various theme elements like typography, forms, blocks with default styling, etc.;
- Navigation settings. Here you can configure menus typography and colors, pagination, and breadcrumbs settings;
- MegaMenu. This option is available only after activating Cherry MegaMenu plugin;
- Options to manage include all aspects to configure the theme’s header, footer logo type, general theme settings, typography options, and other design elements;
- Cookie banner. This option allows you to display cookie banner to the users;
- Simple slider. Another available option after activating Cherry Simple Slider plugin;
- Olark. Here you will find options for setting external Live Chat plugin;
- Style Switcher. Use this set of options to modify the visual appeal of your website with a single click.
In the matter of BeTheme, the pack includes also a number of great configuration features, which will help you to speed up the editing process. Let’s look through the major advantages:
- Powerful Admin Panel. This option allows you to customize just any part of your website quickly and easily without deep coding and developing skills;
- Built-in MegaMenu. With this feature you can create stunning navigation structure with attractive menu choices with or without titles. Feel free to customize the size, columns, background images, add rows, set icons and upload images.
- Unlimited Color. This option gives you the freedom to set any color scheme for any part of your website’s design in demo.
- If you want to create one-page BeTheme website, just turn this function ON.
- Base Grid offers you to choose possible 5 layout options.
- Choose one of 20 header styles available for editing. Upload different header images, select header background position, choose between available colors, etc.
- Custom backgrounds will provide impressive look to your website to match your vision.
- With 6 column support you are free to experiment with columns quantity.
- Layout Configurator offers you to create an unlimited number of custom layouts and split them into different sections, which can be edited faster and easier.
- Widgets and sidebars. You can create as many sidebars as you want and to choose any of 33 different widgets available. It allows to make your website more user-friendly and easy-to-navigate.
- Additionally, BeTheme offers RTL support and built-in translator option, which provides you with the easiest and fastest way to translate your theme.
Both Monstroid and BeTheme are pre-loaded with shortcode generators, which are intended for pro web masters mainly. The functionality allows you to create and tweak unique shortcodes that are intended for your site specifically. This means that you can enhance your web resource with the absolutely unique solutions that cannot be found on any different web resource.
Both templates are pre-loaded with packs of layered PSD files, which will be of use to those creatives who enjoy working in Photoshop. The source files can be also used for educational purposes or just for crafting and enriching your gallery with more universal designs. Monstroid includes 100+ PSD files, while BeTheme features 18 layered PSD documents.
Monstroid features a set of 6 layout options that you can choose from. In other words, these are the variants of the content arrangement on your site. This is a skeleton of a web page, which will be further enhanced with any of the style options that Monstroid is also enhanced with. Boxed, full-width, with left and right sidebar or no sidebars at all – these are the layout variations that Monstroid includes.
BeTheme features 150+ pre-designed layouts that you can install with a click. All of them are organized into an easy-to-filter gallery. Featuring different styles, color options and structures, the layouts are pre-designed for multiple business purposes, namely blogs, portfolios, online shops, business and entertainment websites, etc.
Theme Backup Feature
For the users’ convenience and with the purpose to feel safe for all theme settings, Monstroid is integrated with Theme Settings and Data Backup functionality. Unlike BeTheme (with lacks such options), Monstroid gives you the freedom to back up your theme and restore the settings anytime it’s required. The functionality can be also used with Cherry Options and your entire site’s content, giving you a saved point to which you can return at any stage of the theme’s customization.
Monstroid is equipped with MotoPress content editor, a drag-and-drop page builder that allows you to create unique page layouts by simply dragging and dropping various elements within an intuitive interface. When bought separately, the plugin is not free. However, when downloading Monstroid, all theme owners can use it at no cost.
As per BeTheme, the template is pre-loaded with a similar option. Visual Composer is a popular drag-and-drop WordPress page builder plugin, which lets you build pages without touching a single line of code. Easy-to-use and extremely powerful, it lets you manage layouts by dragging and dropping design elements.
Both of the reviewed themes are pre-loaded with sample data. While Monstroid features sample data and sample data installer. BeTheme features 1-click installation, which adds all sample content to the site automatically. Thanks to sample data, you get a design that looks equal to the one that you saw on the theme’s demo, which simplifies the themes’ customization.
As a cool bonus, the package of Monstroid multipurpose WordPress theme includes 50+ licensed images, which you are free to use in both personal and commercial purposes. Unfortunately, BeTheme lacks this.
Speaking about other common features that Monstroid and BeTheme share, we can highlight their fully responsive and cross-browser compatible frameworks, which are intended to make your website perform smoothly across all devices and web browsers. On top of that, both themes feature free support and lifetime updates. Thus, downloading any of these themes once, you get a product that will remain up-to-date for a lifetime. SEO-optimization and compatibility with popular WordPress plugins give you the freedom of launching a powerful and versatile website that can leave your competitors behind.
That’s it for today. We will not drive any specific conclusions. You can see everything in the comparison chart. Both templates are powerful enough to be called true WordPress giants. So, pick the one that offers functionality that matches your web project the most, and may your website shine like a star!